2022 Gurit Sustainability Highlights
- 1.4 billion post-consumer bottles saved from landfill by turning them into PET flakes and granules.
- 0% of standard and essential products contain Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC).
- Climate neutral for Scope 1 and 2.
- Engaged in 12 external projects investigating circularity and end of life in the composites sector.
- New system in place to assess suppliers, ensuring we are equally committed to sustainable and ethical business practices.
- 23% reduction in workplace accidents between 2020 and 2022.
- 30% of staff took part in projects to help our local communities.
Gurit annually reports on sustainability related topics and performance indicators. The Gurit Sustainability Report has been prepared in accordance with the standards of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), core option. Gurit is also a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) and the report includes an annual communication on progress. As a solution provider to the renewable wind energy industry as well as to manifold lightweighting markets, Gurit has embedded Sustainability in its Strategy 2025 and has set up a comprehensive structure with 8 workstreams to manage our sustainability actions.